Holiday Food Drive: Dec. 1 to Dec. 16thth, 2013
Mindful BodyWorks recently signed up to run a food drive with the Daily Bread Food Bank between Dec. 1-16th, 2013 benefiting families in need in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Daily Bread Food Bank is a non-profit charitable organization that is fighting to end hunger
- They provide emergency food relief through our almost 170 member agencies across Toronto
- They deliver thousands of nutritious meals a week to hostels, shelters, and community food centres through their Food Services program
- Percentage of income our clients spend on housing including utilities: 73%
- Percentage of food bank clients who are children: 34%
- $5.83 is the money available per person per day after the rent is paid
Not sure what to give? Our most needed food items include peanut butter, canned fruits and veggies, dried pasta and tomato sauce, lentils and beans, powdered, canned or tetra pak cartons of milk, baby formula and baby food, canned fish and meat, rich, cans of soup or hearty stew, mac’n’cheese.
We truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress! Together we can make a difference and create a more mindful and compassionate society! Thank you!
Mindful BodyWorks Family